Saturday, November 27, 2010

One last update from HOME and some vote stuff

Well, this is it!!!  Our last night at home! It has been a very hectic week, so please forgive my lack of posting. I'll make up for it this next week though I hope. :-) I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who has helped us get to this point. I can't possibly thank everyone, but please know we appreciate every single prayer lifted up on our and Elijah's behalf. I do want to specifically thank my parents for their sacrifice of time (and lots of other things) to come and stay with our children. What a true blessing they are to all of us! They are all looking forward to spending time together. (By the way, it looks like the stomach flu has been kicked out. Thanks for praying!)

I do ask for your prayers for everyone left here at home for protection, strength, endurance, and health. Also please pray for our safe travel of course, but also for our "hearts". It will be very difficult to leave tomorrow morning. It really hasn't sunk in yet that we are leaving for several weeks, flying half way around the world to meet a precious boy and bring him home. But my heart will be sad for leaving the others behind. And I know it will be a constant battle for me to not give into the fear (due to the vote) that will be seeking to invade my heart. Please pray for God's PEACE in our hearts. Thank you!!!

Ok, "The Vote"...

What the gov't in Elijah's country is trying to do would actually be a good thing. It would streamline all adoptions, eliminate lots of variables, and most importantly, it would be better for the kids! Good stuff! However, the CURRENT bill being voted on does not include language that would allow adoptions to continue while they figure out how they are going to revamp the adoption process. The vote specifically says that all adoptions in progress would stop. How far in the process I don't know. No one seems to know. So, please pray that the doors remain open for us and all the other families coming after us...whether it is the language being changed or that it just doesn't come up for a vote or something that would allow the continuation of the adoption of special needs children. God knows the details. The vote is scheduled the week of Dec. 14-17, the same week we hope to have our court date. It is way down on the list. So, we will see how the Lord works this one out.

Thanks for following along. This is going to be a great ride! To God be the GLORY!

ELIJAH, HERE WE COME!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

I'm very excited for you. Sounds like you'll have some good company in country!

Leah Spring said...

Many prayers for your journey, and that God will open the hearts of those involved with the vote to keep it open to those with special needs! I'm leaving tomorrow morning as well, headed to a different EE country, west of where you're going, but not Bulgaria. LOL