Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A very nice night

Ok, well the weather isn't all that nice, but the company at dinner tonight was very nice! We met at the Italian restaurant next to TGIFs and the food was very good. Plus they had an English menu - gotta like that!  We ate with the Hannons again, the Swerdfegers, the Sharps and the Cornishs. The Sharps had their little guy, Kullen, with them. (They hope to be going home SOON!) He is SOO cute!  It really made me miss my kiddos at home, and also made me want to meet Elijah all that much more - if that's possible. We enjoyed the company and learned some of the "ropes" from Meredith and Mike Cornish. They've been here a month already and have an AMAZING story to tell of how God worked in their current adoption. If you want the link to their blog, let me know - leave a comment or email me. For a variety of reasons, she has posted where we are, which is great, but I still need to keep it secret. :-) Anyway, they gave us the scoop on the Metro (subway), so we're going to attempt that tomorrow to do some shopping. Oh, the high is supposed to be not much above 10 deg F (yes, F, not C), so we'll bundle up a bit.

Here's some photos for you. Sorry they are a bit dark - I don't have my photo editing s/w on this computer.

Cornishs, us, Swerdfegers, Hannons, and Paige w/ Kullen's head in the corner :-)

George w/ Kullen - Isn't he adorable?

This one is for you, Debbie!
Jeff, and his 2 daughters, Kayla and Rachel
Shhh...don't tell my Sarah that Kayla and Rachel came along! She'll be so jealous!
And funny thing, last night we found out that Jeff and Pat lived in Paris, Texas at the exact same time 20 years ago! Small world, huh?

4 comments:

Nan and Dan said...

so happy you were able to get together with everyone :) I hope you got cell #'s too.
man, I don't miss the weather at all!!
good luck, have fun and be safe! Another day closer to the little man!
hugs,

momto10kids said...

Jill!!! Seriously, you have to stop making me cry! Thank you so much for posting pictures of Jeff and the girls! How fun that everyone got to meet up and get to know each other! I feel like I know you all myself. I remember Paris all too well. We were only there for one year. It is a small world!

Nan and Dan said...

cmon, we are waiting so patiently!!!
Hoping you got your referral today and are on the train on your way to region!!! Just think today is the BIG day you have waiting so long for!!! Have fun, take lots of pictures, and wear no makeup :) :0
Hugs!!

Ilze Lachkaya said...

I am glad you enjoying the stay. Have a safe journey.