Monday, November 29, 2010

SDA Appointment in the AM

We had a very nice dinner tonight w/ the Hannons and Hansons at the Ukrainian buffet! We had a really nice visit and got to know them better. It was nice to get out and walk a bit after resting/hanging out today. I think KNOW I will be in much better shape after this trip than I am now. Lots of walking will be good for me! I bought my camera tonight, but it doesn't work very well when the memory card is still in the computer...
So, tomorrow morning we have our SDA appt at 10 AM, which is 2 AM Central time. So, please pray all goes well. The Hansons had theirs today and said it was really no big deal and not to stress about it, so we won't. We will travel there with another RR family, the Swerdfegers, and then I hope to do some shopping afterwards. Evidently, there is a long line of "tourist" shops right near the SDA building, so we hope to pick up a few things and be really "tourist-y". :-)

It's been fun to see a few of the sites of the city that I've seen and heard about on other RR families' blogs. If the weather is decent tomorrow, I'll post some photos. (Yes, Sarah, the card is back in the camera already.) :-)

Ok, it's 10:30 PM already. If you haven't seen it yet, Sarah put a time "gadget" on the top of the blog so you know what time it is here. 8 hours ahead of CST. I'm also enjoying the internet here at the apt. It is more reliable and faster than ours at home and it's included in the price of the apt. Gotta love that! When we get down to Elijah's region, I have a feeling it will not be as good, but we'll see.

I'll post when we get back from shopping! Oh, one more thing, everyone seems to be on the mend from the stomach issues. Thanks for praying!

3 comments:

Nan and Dan said...

good luck!! praying the appt goes great tomorrow! hugs!

Akarol25 said...

Fred and I are soooo happy for you and can't wait until we are there... soon very soon!!!!

Ilze Lachkaya said...

God bless you! I hope you can meet Elijah soon!
I received yesterday Dish Cloth - Fishes from your daughter Sarah. Thank you very much! They are beautiful!
Will be following your blog. I live in MN - we are neighbors.